
(Soho#1)

(soho#2)

(camden)
These are the three images in my series; Is it because I'm ugly
The few reasons I have named my series 'Is it because I'm ugly' is because it makes me think why I have the need to look at others or why is it these people dress in the manner that they dress in, may be it's to cover who they are, who and what they see them selves as.
The first image is my main image, as you may be able to see it is a little blurry which was an accident however I believe that it was the blur that made the image look good and made the image look more important which is why I have made this my main image. I say this because I feel the blur shows and explains her emotions about how she feels, it shows that her personality isn't sure about her self, her fashion, this shows a glimpse of her personality. When I asked the lady if I could take a picture of her the fist thing she said was "is it because I'm ugly" after telling her what my image was for she agreed but still didn't look to bothered about taking the picture. She kept moving finally she stopped moving and when she knew I was ready to take a picture she quickly turned her head away from the camera. Although there was nothing wrong with the way she dressed I think the skirt and the pretty broach on her jacket was what made her feel more confident and the sun glasses allowed her to stop any contact being made and revealing her identity as it wasn't really the weather to wear sunglasses...there was no sun!
The strangers in the second and third image came across to me as confident and really nice people when I spoke to them. They didn't mind what the image was for and they didn't really ask. When I asked them if I could take a picture of them they instantly replied "yeah sure!" When I started my sentence to explain what the image was for they both interrupted and said that I didn't need to explain what the image was for and it was perfectly fine that I was taking a picture of them. When I was editing these images it then came to me and made me think that if the two peoples personality in the second and third image came across confident, happy and cherry then why did the lady in the second image have her eyes covered with her hair and why did she colour her hair that colour was it to draw attention away from herself and being in contact to others and why did she have her hood on her head when the picture was taken.
Although I said that when I spoke to the stranger in the third image they came across confident, happy and cherry why did they have the need to cover up who they really are? When I approached the third stranger I thought I was approaching a lady but when they turned around and started speaking to me that when I realised it was a man. So it made me think why he was dressed and speaking in the way he was as if he was trying to hide his real identity or was that his identity?
No comments:
Post a Comment